Sunday, April 02, 2006

A New Food to Love

Connor has been cleared to experiment with all types of food (except peanuts) now that he has reached the 12 month mark. We try to give him new things to try as often as we can. Until this weekend, he has only had most fruits in either juice or jam forms. But this past Friday, I let him try oranges and strawberries, two of my favorite types of fruit.

He was so anxious to have a bite of a slice of orange that he started to eat the peeling. I did my best to pluck the pieces of peeling from his mouth, but he bit down so hard on my finger that I finally decided that I'd let him eat the whole thing. Then, when he tried the strawberries we had a similar incident. He wanted to eat the strawberry without any assistance from me. I thought I could let him take bites of the strawberry and take it from him once he got to the stem, but boy was I wrong. Just as I asked him to hand the rest of the strawberry to me he stuck it in his mouth and swallowed real hard. I don't think it was a pleasant experience for him and expect that it won't happen again.

Here are a few pictures of Connor eating oranges and strawberries. I forgot to mention, since we've been staying in the hotel room and don't have his high chair with us, Connor has decided that he will eat all his meals while standing on top of the coffee table. Hey, whatever works!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh MO! Connor just gets cuter and cuter!!! :)

Melissa Overstreet said...

I have to agree! I think Connor looks much cuter now that his hair has lightened up. He's trying to hold onto his California roots, I think. He looks like a surfer boy!